A supported playgroup is run by a professional facilitator who implements a fun and meaningful two hour session on a weekly basis for ten weeks during the school term.
Supported playgroups give families the opportunity to:
- Learn about the links between children’s learning and development through play
- Have fun with your children
- Support and extend on family and child interactions through play
- Learn about local services
- Promote parenting confidence
Supported playgroups are suitable for families/guardians and their children from birth to four years.
Would you benefit from extra ideas about how to use everyday opportunities and play experiences to enhance your child’s early learning and development?
Supported Playgroup is a great chance to share experiences and information, as well as build positive connections with other parents and children.
Sessions include play, snack/fruit time, activities, as well as music and story time.
In-Home sessions are also offered as five, one hour visits once a fortnight.
Benefits for the In-home program for families include:
- Understanding age appropriate behaviour
- Picking up on cues
- Play ideas and creativity
- Exploring books and reading
- Parent self-care and looking after yourself
Location and times:
Beeripmo Development Centre
5 Lawrence Street, Beaufort, 3373
Tuesday 10.00am – 12.00pm
Avoca Children's Centre
22 Liebig St, Avoca, 3467
Thursday 11.00am - 1.00pm
For more information about Supported Playgroups, contact the Pyrenees Shire Council Supported Playgroup Facilitator at1300 797 363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org